THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update....

John's MRI came back negative. Thank goodness. So now he goes to do a sleep study. I told John the other day that if he gets down to 200 lbs(50 lbs less than what he weighs now) he can get his lasik surgery. I also said I would put that in writing so I thought our blog was a good place to document that commitment.

I went to the doctor on Monday and I am dilated to a 3. So I was sooo excited because I thought oh that means any day now. Much to my chagrin I found out I could be a 3 for weeks before anything happens. UGH. I kinda feel like something is going to happen soon because I got that burst of energy yesterday and cleaned the entire back part of store and came home and got my bedroom all picked up and the bathroom spotless. I called to nurse to ask her exactly when I should go in and she told me I needed to have good contractions (that I can't talk through) for an hour. Actually she said I needed to have contractions that I couldn't "talk through" and then said I could probably "talk through anything" so disregard what she said and wait til they are painful. :) Even the nurse knows me well. LOL Doc Crowder said 30 min. So I was having consistent contractions the other night but decided not to go in and thank goodness because they probably would have sent me home. I wish there was just some sort of definitive answer as to when we are going to go into labor. It sucks sitting here day after day wondering "is it going to be today???" I did get some sort of definitive answer from Doc Crowder. He said that if I haven't had Brody by the 16th then we are going to induce that morning. WOO HOO!!! Finally an answer. Of course we all know me....I don't want to wait that long. However having him early means I get to have a beer at the Chadie Crawfish Party. :) Yummy.

I finally found a way to keep Addison from running into the street when we are outside. She loves to "cuhluh" (color) outside and sometimes she gets sidetracked and runs down the sidewalk and then into the street. Timeout doesn't work and neither does a light smack on the booty....so I told her cars were scary. he he he So now when we are outside she sees a car go by and says, "Mommy dat car is scawry" It works for now and everyone is happy.

Hope all is well with everyone.

2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Oh honey I'm sorry! I had rhythmic Braxton Hicks with both pregnancies - With T I went in for TWO false alarms (once where I actually PEED myself -I thought my water had broken - LOVELY!) and I said I WAS NOT LEAVING THAT HOSPITAL AGAIN WITHOUT OUR BABY! Good thing I went in for an induction - I was already in labor when I did & the contractions felt the exact same as the Braxton Hicks! With Pierce I had a c-section scheduled (He was upside down) for the 26th and my water broke on Christmas night (after another round of "rhythmic Braxton Hicks" & totally different than peeing myself thank you very much) - Less than 2 hours later I was in transitional labor and being wheeled in for an emergency section instead. Mark said if we ever have a third baby we're camping out at the hospital for the entire 3rd trimester!

Good luck - we can't wait to hear the good news!!!

Millicent ;) said...

Can't wait to meet Brody! But, don't be in such a hurry...sleep while you CAN! ;)