THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, November 29, 2008

What did you say???




Well the tree is up and packages are beneath it and at the rate time is going; Christmas will be here tomorrow. I love Christmas and this year is truly special because we have a toddler to enjoy the season with us. She is slowwwwwlllly grasping the concept of Santa and who he is although I don't think she will sit on his lap this year and be happy about doing it. (lol) I actually secretly hope she doesn't like him because I think those pictures are so cute and funny when they don't like Santa.

So earlier this week Addison said her first sentence and then they kept on coming.

Addison was over at Grammy's house and she was looking at a picture of John and his dad at the baseball game. So the "conversation" went like this.

Addy: dada, papa, dada, papa (pointing to each of them0)

Grammy: Addy who is that?

Addy: Dat my Papa!!!

(we looked at each other)

Me: Did she just say "that's my papa."

Grammy: Addy who is that in that picture?

Addy: (very matter of fact) DAT MY PAPA!!!

Then later on that night she said "I want Ana" and a day after that we were at the park with cousin Hunter and she had some goldfish crackers that Hunter wanted. He came to get some from her and she pushed him down and said "NO Hunnah dat mine...no..no. She didn't yell or scream but she did get the point across. It was pretty funny. (yes I did explain that pushing someone down wasn't nice at all) AND my absolute favorite is "I love you"

I am feeling great. My hips are starting to spread already. I tried to run down the street the other day and when I stopped I couldn't walk without limping. Boy that was dumb of me. This coming week starts our busy season....so i am sure John will be pretty bored in the evenings considering I will probably be in bed by 7 every night. Poor John.

We decided to change the spelling of Brodie's name to B*R*O*D*Y It seems a little more masculine; or so John says.

Oh.....I almost forgot...I am calling on the assistance of all you experienced parents with toddlers who wake up consistently at night between 12 and 1. You see.....Addy was doing so well and then one night and from that night on it seems she has a nightmare or night terror or whatever and then screams and doesn't stop til one of us gets her. It totally sucks because one of us every night doesn't get sleep because she is up every hour after that. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

I am tired and John is tired and we need sleep especially before another baby comes into our lives. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hair extensions

7 comments:

The Armstrong's said...

AWWW Love the update. She is so stinkin' cute with her little piggy tails.

Jennifer McHam said...

Awwww - Good luck with the nightmares!!! I HATE THAT! We feel very duped on the sleep thing too because we thought once Pierce started sleeping thru the night we'd finally be THERE - you know, among the more coherent people that actually sleep at night. Alas it was not meant to be. T started having nightmares around 2 1/2 and still gets them (but not as much). The latest was about a giant hot dog that grabbed his leg and took him up into the sky like a hot air balloon. We used "Scary Spray" (Febreze) which helped for a while but he still liked us going in @ night to say everything's ok. Last week we finally told him "We will see you in the morning. When the sun comes up. Not before. If you wake up in the night & you've had a bad dream just remember it's only pretend." I felt really mean but WE NEED SOME SLEEP AROUND HERE! And wow - we've actually gotten 4 nights in a row... but now I'm sure I've jinxed us! Good luck!!!!

Haley Family said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I feel like I have not seen her in forever and she is just so big! I am really diggin' the pigtails. Those are just too cute. Sorry about the interupted sleep. I wish I had some advice for you, but make sure you remember what you did so when our time comes, you can give me the advice.

The Houstons said...

Hey Meredith! So sorry for the lack of sleep. The only thing that I know holds true is that each phase does pass. Fritz did the night terror thing for a bit. That is done and gone and now he is in the 3-year-old won't stay in bed phase. Wait for that one it is a ton of fun! I am so happy for you guys and baby Brody. What's the due date? Good luck and have a great Christmas!

Millicent ;) said...

Awesome water spouts!Fun post. What night terrors??!? Somehow I got lucky 'cuz Katja & Robbie missed out on those. Now that I've opened my big mouth, I'm sure Jack will introduce me to the concept!

Tracy Robinson said...

yeah... when presley wakes up screaming, we just yell at presley from our bed "presley, come in here!!" then she crawls into bed with us every night. so romantic. oh wait... did i say "we"??? i meant "I"... since jesse SLEEPS THROUGH IT EVERY NIGHT. damn.

Bowlings said...

Oh she is so darn cute! Hope you are feeling well...Good luck with the Night Terror thing...we went through the same thing and I thought I was going to go insane (I was still getting up 2wice to feed Paisley) so I would average 4 hours (not all at once) a night...I think it lasted 3 months. Just know that they will grow out of it- it's just a phase...at least for now that's what I'm calling it!